20.2.07

It's gettin' warmer.....!


Looks like the sub-zero spell has left... at least for now. I've been trying to get out to the woods and do some clearing on the south end of the field. This is what it looks like with all the small trees and brush gone. I'm trying to make an extended approach area for those days when the lift is not so good and it takes a little longer to get some air under one's wings...



Isn't this one of the best weird drawings ever? Another example of someone's brain not working correctly. How else could someone do this?



I hope this type of thing is done for the year... all too many days started like this--or lower. Several days in a row of -30°, high of -5°. I think it was at least three weeks of not even getting close to 20 above. Today it was a little bit melty and tomorrow is supposed to be better.



Here's another of those odd little impossible sketches. This site has lots of cool stuff to look at....









Last weekend Peg and I headed to Wi. Rapids for the Point Basse Historical Site's annual winter feast. We decided to dress for the occasion, and here you can see Marcel Bezier surveying the area. We used to go to Point Basse's Pioneer Days in June and have a lot of good friends in the Nekoosa area (where Point Basse is). They always have lots of good stuff like like venison stew and other wild game dishes. Peg won a door prize, a huge easter basket with all kind of goodies and stuffed animals.

I took a little fly this evening. First time in 5 weeks! It's been too cold. So I left work and went directly to the airport. Since I put the battery tender on the plane a month ago, it turned over great and fired right up. I flew the Phillips area lakes for a while, then headed south and flew over the Ottertail area. Never get tired of that. Got back to Phillips just at sunset, which was bright oranges and reds. Really pretty. Did a few practice landings and then put the plane away. As I left the airport I realized that I was famished. I stopped at a local gas station and got one of those little 6" diameter pizzas and little mild carton. I ate it really fast and then when I drank the milk, it felt cold and wonderful going down. Little things like that are easy to overlook, but if you pay attention, life can be pretty cool without a lot of work.......

I gotta go, Carlo




_____________Hey, shovel that snow, would ya???_____________


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Marcel, is anything in the 20* rande considered a thaw?