24.2.07

Winter update.


We went downhill skiing last night! Peggy's boy scout troop made their annual trip to Christie Mountain and Bryn and I tagged along, as usual. We got started skiing about 5:30 PM and I was having such good time that I took my first break at 9:10. Warmed up for about 10 mimutes and then went back out until 9:40. We did cruise through this "terrain park" a few times. My legs hurt today....


We haven't seen any of the "big snowstorm" that was supposed to blow in last night. The wind DID blow over our christmas tree on the deck! It was clamped to the deck, now the stand is history! Yram, you sound like you're ready for some more snow!! You need to check out John Dee's website. It's pretty cool, if you like snow. Along the left side of the main page are various links, one to his N.C.N. (Northwoods Cam Network). On that page are all the webcams linked to his site, one is in Prentice, by the motel at the Travel Center interchange! There is one across the bay from Yram's at Ephraim, in Door County.



Another great site (speaking of weather) is at Weather Underground. This one is near you, Yram.
Anyway, this is a photo of a winter sunset as viewed from the front entrance to Ottertail Lodge.


As you can see, not much snow out in front of the house, some gravel showing through. The roads were pretty much bare earlier this week. Now comes the period of thinking it's going to get warm, 20° starts seeming like Siberia, it never gets as warm as the forcast, etc. Spring is probably still a long way off.......



This is one of my favorite photos, looking North from the homestead a few winters ago.






If you like guitar playing, you need to listen to this CD... a guy called Johnny A., the album is 'get inside'. Bryn gave me this music for Christmas and it's definitely premium!! You need to check it out.......












_____________Hey, shovel that snow, would ya???_____________


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

YRAM,
The dictionary sucks, use wikipedia. I've seen better links on the grill. I saved them in favorites you twit.Brown here, there, everywhere, who cares?
I think predicting is just a big guess. If you ski in town you will have a trail. Nice shot of jack daniels. Oh yeah, so weird to see snow in the winter.
Care to rebutt?

Anonymous said...

Hey Carlo, nice pictures, makes me miss home. The shot out the west was my favorite as a kid.
Like my rebuttal to yram?